Kaeding Law Office, PLC

Council Bluffs, Iowa

Kristina M Kaeding

Bankruptcy Divorce / Foreclosures

Bankruptcy/ Divorce / Foreclosures


Finding resolutions to challenging legal situations impacting your home ownership or post-divorce financial standing is difficult to face alone. Whether you have received notification of foreclosure or are in the process of a divorce and need assistance discharging past debts, the guidance of an experienced lawyer is invaluable in helping you find the resolutions you need to end your worries and move forward.


At Kaeding Law Office, PLC, I provide knowledgeable representation to individuals in the Council Bluffs, Iowa, and surrounding areas facing bankruptcy as it relates to a foreclosure or divorce. My services are designed to help you end the worries associated with overwhelming debt while putting an end to foreclosure proceedings, garnishments and creditor harassment.


Divorce/Bankruptcy Representation

Whether through negotiation or a court judgment, your marital debt has been divided amongst you and your spouse. You may be responsible for paying the Visa bill and your spouse may be responsible for paying the Mastercard bill. However, by law, a creditor can attempt to recover from either spouse if one fails to fulfill his or her end of the bargain, despite a court order. You may find that a creditor or lender is attempting to recover from you or garnish your wages for a debt your spouse has failed to pay.

Going to court and filing a contempt action against your spouse for failing to pay his or her responsible portion of the debt is an option. However, in the meantime, creditors are still calling you and may even be garnishing your wages.

Fortunately, filing for bankruptcy will end the harassing phone calls from creditors and 3rd party debt collectors as well as halt any wage garnishments. Through bankruptcy, the credit card debt and/or medical bills will be discharged and you no longer have to worry about being responsible for the amount.  

Bankruptcy: a Solution to Your Foreclosure

Receiving a foreclosure notification is a frightening and confusing experience. You face removal from you home and are not sure where to turn for help. Filing a bankruptcy action can be one of the most effective options. With bankruptcy, the foreclosure process stops immediately. You can remain in your home and prevent the bank from taking possession by filing a Chapter 13 bankruptcy.

Received a Foreclosure Notice? Don’t Delay. Call me Immediately. 

To save your home from foreclosure, it is important to visit with a bankruptcy attorney immediately, especially prior to the sheriff’s sale of your property. As soon as you get notice of foreclosure or if you expect notice, call me and I will sit down and talk with you about the process.

If you fear losing your home or are struggling with marital debt matters post-divorce, contact my office online or call 712-323-8000 to schedule a free consultation.